The Officer Larry Cox 5 K Turkey Trot is the main fundraiser for Southern Ohio Crimestoppers. The event is held every Thanksgiving Day, and over 800 runners participated in last year’s race. Turkey Trot Home Page
There are several ways to register for this event:
- Paper registration That can be mailed in.
- Online registration One Click takes you to the Runsignup.com page
- In Person: Register in person on Thanksgiving Eve at the Law Complex, 28 N. Paint St. Chillicothe from 5-7PM. Check out the link just below for time sensitive registration details.
- OR on the day of the race in Yoctangee Park at the Big Lions Shelter starting at 7AM. Check out the link just below for time sensitive registration details.
For more information on the Turkey Trot, which includes some time sensitive registration details, click here
Want to be be a sponsor for Turkey Trot?
Where Do the registration and sponsorship fees go?
- Ensures there are sufficient funds to reward substantiated tips.
- Pays for necessary support services such as the anonymous tip line and website tip support
- Creates marketing materials to assist in fundraising event efforts, generates awareness and encourages citizen involvement
- Involves youth in crime prevention through the Student Crime Stoppers Program
- Sets up classes and workshops to teach people how to better protect themselves and their families from crime.